For purposes of data protection laws, ActorsHI is the “data controller” of your information collected in connection with the ActorsHi Services.
You may share personal information when using the ActorsHi Services. One example is when you provide information about yourself as part of the ActorsHi account creation process. Another is when you take certain actions on the ActorsHi Services that are public or intended to be public in nature, such as when you post content, participate in a chat room, post profile information, follow an account, or subscribe to an account. Given the social nature of some of the ActorsHi Services, that information may be collected, used, or disclosed by others who are part of that social interaction such as direct messaging. In addition, some features of the ActorsHi Services are designed to provide others with information about user activity, such as identifying the user who posted a specific projection, comment, and video or the subscription status of users for a given account. We encourage you to be mindful of this when considering your activity on the ActorsHi Services.
Personal Information ActorsHi Collects About You
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the ActorsHi Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the ActorsHi Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the ActorsHi Services.
- User-provided Information: You may provide a variety of information about yourself to us, such as your name, birthday, gender, investment experience, timezone, social media handles (Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook), voice and image (in any content you post), ActorsHi username, email address, postal mailing address, telephone number, credit card number, and billing information when you register for the ActorsHi Services; upload, purchase, view, or download certain content or products from the ActorsHi Services; enter contests or sweepstakes; post personal or public projections using the ActorsHi Services projection feature; or otherwise use the features and functionality of the ActorsHi Services.
- Automatically Collected Information: When you access the ActorsHi Services we automatically record and store certain user information such as your email, name, verified PayPal account and profile photo, so that we can personalize your browsing session and make your overall experience better. The information is stored in your browser and is discarded as soon as you log out.
How ActorsHi Uses Personal Information
- ActorsHi uses such information to operate, maintain, enhance, provide, create, and develop all of the features, functionality, and services (new or existing) found on the ActorsHi Services; provide security for our websites, products, software, or applications; manage relationships with ActorsHi Partner and Affiliate Program members, including making or receiving payment; improve users’ experience with ActorsHi by providing content recommendations and by delivering content that we hope users will find relevant and interesting, including advertising and marketing messages; allow you to comment on content, and participate in online contests, or rewards programs; prevent fraud and abuse; and understand the usage trends of our users.
- We use your email address and/or telephone number to communicate with you, including to notify you of major ActorsHi Services updates, for customer service purposes, or to contact you regarding any content that you have posted to or downloaded from the ActorsHi Services. If you want to stop receiving notifications by telephone, reply STOP to any text message from us. Note that we may still send you additional informational or transactional notifications.
- We use your time zone to synchronize the timers for the ActorsHi Services projection feature. Your personal and public projection posts are also used to improve functionality of the feature, interpret user behavior and identify users for display on the Projection Leaderboard.
- We collect your verified PayPal account that you have connected to your ActorsHi account to satisfy any tax obligations with respect to payments under this Agreement. PayPal securely processes our users tax information and distributes applicable tax forms with compliance to the IRS. ActorsHi requires verified PayPal accounts as PayPal often declines payments to unverified accounts. If you decline to connect a verified PayPal account, ActorsHi will not accept a Cash Out request. Your connected verified PayPal account will be automatically saved so you will not have to repeatedly connect your PayPal account. You will ensure that your connected verified PayPal account and identification of your ActorsHi account, is at all times complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- When you provide your social media information, you willingly allow ActorsHi to include your social media account(s) in future social media posts. The social media posts are only for congratulatory purposes via methods such as tagging if you are featured on the Projection Leaderboard. By declining to provide a social media account, the next qualifying account for the Projection Leaderboard may be chosen in your place.
- ActorsHi may periodically send promotional materials or notifications to you related to the ActorsHi Services. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of any email from us.
- In certain cases, we have a legal obligation to collect and process your personal information (such as our obligation to share data with tax authorities).
- We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop the processing of your data for that purpose.
- ActorsHi will rely on legal grounds to process your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable law, which may include, without limitation: to honor contractual commitments, to take steps in anticipation of entering into contract, to fulfill legal obligations, your consent, and ActorsHi’s legitimate interests.
When ActorsHi Discloses Personal Information
We share such information as described below:
- ActorsHi may make information available to our affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling, or under common control with ActorsHi).
- ActorsHi may disclose user information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to comply with U.S. state and federal laws or other applicable laws around the world (for example, in the country of your residence), or respond to a court order, judicial or other government request, subpoena, or warrant in the manner legally required.
- ActorsHi also reserves the right to disclose information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to protect ActorsHi from potential liability or from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; investigate and defend ourselves against third-party claims, or allegations; protect the security or integrity of the ActorsHi Services; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ActorsHi, our users, or others.
Data Subject Rights and Your Choices
ActorsHi’s Privacy Choices page describes your privacy options with respect to the ActorsHi services, including information about how you may be able to review, update, or delete information that ActorsHi may have about you. You may decline to share certain information with ActorsHi, in which case ActorsHi may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the ActorsHi Services. If you have created a ActorsHi Services account, depending on the service, you may be able to update your profile information and preferences or disable your account by logging in and going to settings and account management.
For other requests to review, update, delete, or otherwise limit ActorsHi’s use of information that you have provided directly to ActorsHi, you may contact ActorsHi by submitting your information through our Privacy Request Form. In your request, please thoroughly complete all required fields. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Residents of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and residents of Brazil can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, they may permit you to request that we:
- Obtain access to or a copy of certain personal information we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes (including any direct marketing processing based on profiling).
- Update personal information that is out of date or incorrect.
- Delete certain personal information we hold about you.
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose specific personal information about you.
- Transfer your personal information to a third-party provider of services.
- Revoke consent that you previously provided for the processing of your personal information.
Account Closure & Deletion
Third-Party Services and Websites
If you connect to a third-party service (such as Facebook, Twitter, or another third-party application) through the ActorsHi Services or otherwise link your ActorsHi account with a third-party service, you are requesting and authorizing us to share or grant access to information on your behalf (such as your username, the fact that your connection originated from the ActorsHi Services, and other relevant usage and diagnostic information) with such third party. We may also send information about the content you post or your activities on the ActorsHi Services to such third parties. For example, we may make information available to app developers to facilitate purchases and awards of digital goods, such as promotional items or discounts for services.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. However, ActorsHi does not recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals.
ActorsHi uses a variety of managerial, technical, and physical measures to protect the integrity and security of your information. These measures may vary based on the sensitivity of your information. However, no security precautions or systems can be completely secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ActorsHi, and you do so at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Retention of Your Information
IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE, THEN PLEASE DO NOT USE OR ACCESS THE ActorsHi SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR IN ANY MANNER.
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, ActorsHi does not knowingly collect or maintain personal information (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act) from persons under 13 years-of-age. If ActorsHi learns that personal information of persons under 13 has been collected on or through the ActorsHi Services, ActorsHi will take appropriate steps to delete this information.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a ActorsHi Services member, then please contact ActorsHi by submitting your information through our Privacy Request Form to have that child’s account terminated and personal information deleted.
For residents of the EEA and residents of Brazil where the processing of personal information is based on consent, ActorsHi will not knowingly engage in that processing for users under the age of consent established by applicable data protection law. If we learn that we are engaged in that processing with such users, we will halt such processing and will take reasonable measures to promptly remove applicable information from our records.
Merger or Sale
In the event that ActorsHi, or some or all assets related to the ActorsHi Services are acquired by or merged with a third-party entity or in connection with a contemplated change of ownership transaction, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control event, including in the course of diligence.
International Data Transfers
ActorsHi Contact Information